Beauty: L'Oreal Color Riche a l'Huile review

Beauty: L'Oreal Color Riche a l'Huile review

L'Oreal has a gorgeous new line of nail polishes. I've been a fan of their color riche polishes for a while now - not dirt cheap but definitely affordable, and they always have the most gorgeous colours that actually last ages on my nails, so I was excited to give the new Color Riche a l'Huile line a go. After thorough testing, I can say I'm definitely a fan. Read on for my impressions!

Beauty: L'Oreal Color Riche a l'Huile review
Beauty: L'Oreal Color Riche a l'Huile review

The available colours are pretty basic: simple creme finish shades with one metallic gold polish (660 l'Or) thrown in for good measure, but this line sets itself apart in some other ways. First, the formula is infused with oil, which is supposed to keep your nails healthier than regular nail polish. Second, the thick, rounded brush picks up a lot of polish, allowing you to paint your nails in one stroke. Fourth, the polish is slightly rose-scented. Fourth, look at that gorgeous cut glass bottle! Definitely an item that would look gorgeous on your makeup table. LOreal also claims that the formula is hyper pigmented, giving full opaque coverage in one coat. Let's see if it lives up to that promise. I swatched all of the shades I received and have since worn most of them for a couple of days to see how they hold up.

Beauty: L'Oreal Color Riche a l'Huile review

Let me just come out and say it: I do really love the colour selection. These colours are classics, but really chic ones, and the exact colour nuances picked are quite fresh if you ask me. The range of colours feels classic but still current, if you catch my drift. 662 Moka Chic is a greyish brown, very elegant but not my favourite for spring/summer. It has excellent colour coverage though, you can definitely get away with one thick coat of this shade. 

114, Nude Demoiselle, is my ultimate favourite. It's a kind of soft, pink/beige leaning white that looks so fresh and feminine, but you do need 3 good coats to get even coverage. This is not an issue, though: even when using thick coats, the polish dries down very quickly. I actually like that I can use a pretty thick application with these polishes without them cracking where my nail bends, because the thick polish almost feels like I've had professional gel polish done. 

222 Jardin des Roses is the PERFECT pink for me, sweet and bright but not neon or immature, just a clean, medium pink shade that is opaque in two layers. 550 Rouge Sauvage is a super glossy, saturated red that gives good coverage in one coat, and 442 Coral Trianon is a slightly muted tangerine/coral that gives me an instant summer feel. Coral Trianon needs two coats.

These polishes won me over on two accounts: first, how quick a thick coat dries down. Second, the excellent wear time. This is a picture of 662 Moka Chic on the fifth(!!) day of wear. No chips, just some wear on the tips, and that's without a basecoat or a topcoat. For a drugstore nailpolish, that's pretty amazing to me. I can't really tell if the oil infused formula is making my nails healthier, but I actually do feel like the past weeks I've had fewer chips and stronger nails. Maybe because of the thicker coats of polish protecting my nails, maybe because of the oil. WHO KNOWS?

Beauty: L'Oreal Color Riche a l'Huile review

In short, these polishes are super pretty and lovely quality for just €9,99. Definitely worth it! These polishes are available at Di, Kruidvat and the Carrefour Nailbar in Belgium.

Beauty: L'Oreal Color Riche a l'Huile review

No comments