Beauty: Dior FW1718 review

Dior Metallics collection FW1718 review

Hey babes! As much as I'd like to ignore it, fall is officially around the corner. While I can't say I'm all that excited about sweaters and bundling up (I'm a summer child at heart), I know I always start getting into autumnal looks in one particular way: the shift from a sunkissed, barely made up face to darker, more pigmented beauty looks. Fall beauty never fails to excite me, and Dior just dropped some of their new offerings for the season, so let's take a look!

Dior's beauty FW1718 collection seems to revolve around an '80s look reminiscent of the Robert Palmer Video Girl, combining mattes and metallics in strong shades.

Dior Metallics collection FW1718 review

One of the innovations for fall is the Double Rouge, a matte lipstick with a metallic/glossy heart. The two formulas blend together on the lips, leaving you with a super pigmented, satin finish.

Dior Double Rouge Dior 999 matte metal review
Dior Double Rouge Dior 999 matte metal review

This is the iconic red 999 Dior shade, in the new Double Rouge Matte Metal rendition. Now I'm so tan, the red reads really orange/warm based on me, and the matte metal finish also leans warm. I definitely see this working for fall paired with a rust-coloured eye look.

Dior also released this metallic version of the Dior 999 for its Metallics collection. This shade is super similar to the Double Rouge 999 (I'd say it's slightly glossier), but the range also has five other metallic lipsticks ranging from a wearable rosewood to a deep plum. 

Dior Rouge Dior 999 Metallic review
Dior Rouge Dior 999 Metallic review

Moving on to some of the more innovative elements in the Metallics collection, is this Dior Metalizer eyes & lips metal creme shadow. Shake well before use or you won't get the full pigmentation, but if you do, you get a really cool product that applies with the fingers or with a brush to get a true matte metallic finish on your lids or lips. 

Dior Metalizer review
Dior Metalizer review

This pewter grey shade is not the most flattering on me, sadly, but the product itself is really cool. I also applied the metallic grey Dior Metallics 612 nailpolish that almost matches this Metalizer shade. Not a colour I'd go for myself, but the quality is amazing: fully opaque in two thin layers, dries super quickly and stayed flawless on me for four days. In certain lights, the metallic grey has micro specks of red-ish glitter in it, so it really is a gorgeous nailpolish.

Now, let me talk about my faaaavourite out of the whole Dior fall beauty line up: the Dior Rouge Liquid. An oil infused, long-wear liquid lipstick that feels like a cream but dries like a liquid.

Dior Rouge Liquid review Jungle Matte
Dior Rouge Liquid review Jungle Matte

This is Dior 614 Jungle Matte, a peachy/latte shade that feels like pillowy, mousse-y dream on the lips and sets quickly, leaving you with perfectly lush matte lips. In no way drying or emphasizing the lines in your lips, this product is among my very favourite liquid lipstick formulas. Recommended!

The metallic theme also returns in this Dior Rouge Liquid line, with 979 Poison Metal, a deep burgundy/brown with a rosey metallic sheen.

Dior Rouge Liquid review Poison Metal

This colour remains slightly tackier than Jungle Matte and is less transfer-proof. Still, the formula feels lovely and creamy on the lips, and the colour is just perfect for fall. 

The Dior Fall collection is currently available in stores. Are you getting in the mood for fall beauty?

No comments