Outfit: star print wrap dress and thigh highs

Outfit: star print wrap dress and thigh highs


subtle pastel pink balayage
Outfit: star print wrap dress and thigh highs, kate spade bag
star print wrap dress, thigh high boots
star print wrap dress, thigh high boots
star print wrap dress, thigh high bootsstar print wrap dress, thigh high boots
thigh high boots, star print dress
thigh high boots, star print dress, kate spade purse
star print wrap dress: c/o Shein - handbag: Kate Spade NY - thigh high boots: & Other Stories - faux fur coat: vintage

I feel like recently, we've seen the renaissance of more feminine silhouettes in fashion. Cleavage and curves are back, and with them we're seeing the return of cuts that emphasize the waistline. A wrap dress really is one of those classic pieces that work for an extensive range of styles, and since I love a good ruffle, I had been on the lookout for a cute long sleeved wrap dress with a ruffle detail. This star printed version is very similar to the ones by Realisation Par, but without that $200 price tag I simply can't justify spending on another dress, as cute as it may be. This Shein version is just $24, pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

I'm wearing this one in a large based on the provided measurements, and I could probably have sized down but I prefer having a bit of breathing space. Especially since this is already more cleavage than I am used to rocking. I paired the dress with my thigh highs, although those go better with a slightly shorter hemline to show of a slither of leg. I still enjoy the witchy/60s vibes here, even though the proportions may be slightly off.

If you're noticing my hair looking a bit pink again, you're right! I mixed up some carnation pink and neon blue into my conditioner to do some DIY pastel toning after a wash. It's slightly scary but very fun to be able to experiment with my balayage hair like that, and incredibly easy to boot.

BTW if I disappear for a few days, it may be because my laptop has died on me. The worst of first world problems: your smartphone/laptop crapping out on you.

Cheers!

No comments